Sunday, August 30, 2015

Week #2

I think I am good at showing cattle. I have been showing cattle at the age of seven. I have had a lot of experience with cattle and I have been to many shows. At seven years old I showed a calf and her name was Ruby. Then at eight I showed Tina. At nine I showed Maddie. That year I decided to show at the county fair and Jr. Nationals. At Jr. Nationals I was ran into and flew out of the show arena which was a couple of feet. I stopped showing after that because I was afraid. I started showing again at thirteen and I showed Cumberland and this past year I showed Layla. Through out those years i have won many ribbons and this past summer I won senior showmanship and had the opportunity to show in master showmanship. Master showmanship is where you show a cow, pig and sheep but you CAN'T show your own. The highlight of that was getting to show with my friends that won senior showmanship before and I showed a steer and he licked my hand the whole time I was trying to show him.

6 comments:

  1. I think it's so cool that you can show cows, AND you're good at it! I would be afraid of showing an animal much larger than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so cool that you can show cows, AND you're good at it! I would be afraid of showing an animal much larger than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so glad that you aren't scared to show cattle. i would be afraid to do that. but the other day a cow licked my finger and it made me so happy. i have never had a cow lick my before. it felt kind of weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get to do what you love and that's cool. I hope that you keep doing well and don't have reason to be afraid anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope I keep doing well too taylor. I learned that hard work really pays off.

    ReplyDelete