Friday, October 9, 2015

Week #7

The scariest moment i have had that i can think of right now is when i was nine and showing cattle. I mentioned it in one of my previous blogs. I was showing at Jr. Nationals which was held at the state fair that year. They had people in the ring that would hold your heifer's halter if they were getting antsy and i was young so they tool my heifer and held her until she was calm. I was paying attention to my heifer at the time because i was standing behind her and i didn't want her to get scared and kick me. I don't remember much after that until i opened my eyes and i was on my back out side of the show arena. i was told that a teen didn't have control of his calf and it ran into me and i flew a couple feet out of the door and landed on my back. i learned how to put my comb in my pocket after that because i landed on my comb in my pocket and it hurt my behind. i wasn't able to walk because i hurt so my uncle carried me to the bathroom to let me check and make sure i was okay. after Jr. Nationals that year i never wanted to show again because i was too scared that might happen again. i ended up changing my mind and started showing again at age twelve.

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty scary. And nobody likes a hurt butt! I'm sure all in all you're happy you got back into it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very happy evan. Especially since I won reserve grand champion this past summer. I haven't done that before and it was so cool.

      Delete
  2. That sounds scaryy. Im glad you got over your fear and you do something you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete